EPC’s & DEC’s

There are numerous differences between an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) and a Display Energy Certificate (DEC).

Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

For the private sector, you will need a valid EPC if you are buying, selling, or renting a property. This applies to commercial / industrial properties as well as domestic. An EPC sets out how energy efficient the building is as well as the potential rating it could achieve.

Display Energy Certificate (DEC)

You will need a valid DEC if your building is frequently visited by the public, has a total floor area greater than 250m² or occupied by a local authority. A DEC certificate sets out the actual energy consumption performance of the property.

Depending on what type of certificate you require, Coral Energy are fully accredited to carry out the physical energy assessment and arrange your certification.

For further information please contact us.